28th May 2018.
Food and Agriculture Organization
United Nations Organization
REQUEST FOR INTERNSHIP IN CLIMATE CHANGE COMMUNICATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
With this letter, I write to request an internship at the position of climate change communication and natural resources management in your highly distinguished institution.
I am a Master’s Degree Graduate in Climate Change and Education. I would like to use the opportunity of the internship to sharpen my skills in climate change communication/education as well environment management in the light of advancing smallholders’ livelihoods under climatic changes in countries, and Africa in particular. Therefore, I have decided to apply for this internship which I believe will expose me to current climate adaptation initiatives in place in agriculture. Hence, my knowledge and academic background could provide these projects with climate change communication/education/teaching packages in their implementation so as to strengthen the adaptive capacity of smallholder farmers and improve their livelihoods. The internship would strongly enrich my future positions and my prospective career of United Nations Officer. Moreover, I consider this internship as a great opportunity to get in touch with UN staff.
Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.
B: ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION:
MSc. in Climate Change and Education (2016-2018)
BSc. in Water and Environment Management
C: PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Water Treatment Plant: running, maintenance and monitoring of automatic systems of water and pure steam production at DO-PHARMA S.A Factory, Aveta, Lomé, Togo (May 2015- March 2016).
D: WORK EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Present Job Title: School Librarian from March 8, 2016, to March 1, 2018.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical assistance for literature review to students; Rank, classify and keep archives of the school
Previous Job Title: Water Treatment Technician from May 7, 2015, to March 4, 2016.
As Water Treatment Technician, I worked as part of the Department of Engineering of the factory and I was specifically responsible for the following tasks:
a. Monitoring critical parameters of water production equipment;
b. Commissioning and maintenance of water treatment equipment;
c. Running filtration and distillation equipment of water systems;
d. Production of soft water, pure water, and water for injection;
e. Chemical washing of reverse osmosis membranes;
f. Chemical preservation of reverse osmosis membranes;
g. Processing pure steam.
- Record of Daily activities;
- Preparation of Standard Operation Procedures of the Water Treatment Room;
- Training of new recruiters in water treatment system operation.
Previous Job Title: Controller of solid urban waste removal in the Municipality's Technical Services Direction of Lomé, Togo (April 2014 to April 2015)
As Controller of solid urban waste removal, I work as part of the Division of Solid Urban Removal and I was specifically responsible of the following tasks:
a. Monitoring of municipal solid waste removal by contractors according to required norms and standards
b. Registration of quantitative data for the accountability of the municipality
E: PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND SPECIFIC CIVIC ENGAGEMENT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Attachment facilitated by the University of The Gambia during MSc. on Climate Change and Education at the National Environment Agency of The Gambia (NEA) in the following various units: Geographical Information System, Environment Education and Communication, Coastal and Marine Environment and Environmental Impact Assessment (December 5, 2016 to December 29, 2016)
Controller of solid urban waste removal in the Municipality's Technical Services Direction of Lomé, Togo (October 2013 to March 2014)
Leading Author of the Report “The negative externalities of the exploitation of iron in Bangéli in Togo: economic, social and environmental” made at NGO Friends of the Earth-Togo (September 2012 to November 2013)
2. Seminars and Workshops
Participation to the Workshop on Climate Data, Access and Climate Services at Dakar, Senegal, organized by ZEF, University of Bonn, Germany during MSc. Climate Change and Education at the University of The Gambia (March 9, 2017)
Participation to the seminar of preparation of the contributions of the NGO Friends of the Earth-Togo at the EITI (Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative) and global network Publish What You Pay (PWYP)
3. Training and Capacity building
National Adaptation Plans: Building Climate Change Resilience in Agriculture Massive Open Online Certificate Course (MOOC) on UN CC: Learn Platform initiated by United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) in partnership with Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and sponsorship of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety from November 13, 2017 to December 22, 2017.
International and African Legal Framework on Freedom of Expression, Access to Information and Safety Journalists Massive Open Online Certificate Course (MOOC) on CANVAS NETWORK from November 13, 2017, to 18 December 2017.
10 tips for writing a truly terrible review Certified Courseon Elsevier Publishing CampusPlatform (available on publishingcampus.com) on November 24, 2017.
5 diseases ailing research and how to cure them Certified Courseon Elsevier Publishing CampusPlatform (available on publishingcampus.com) on November 27, 2017.
Climate Change Education Online Certificate Course initiated by Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) from May 22, 2017, to June 22, 2017.
Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Network Online Certificate Courses from May 17, 2017 to June 17, 2017 on the following themes:
- Responsible Leadership on Transparency and Good Governance
- Strategies for Personal Growth and Development
- Workforce Collaboration and Development
- Management Strategies for People and Resources
- Understanding Renewable Energy
- Focus On: Understanding Human Rights
- Understanding the Rights of Women and Girls
- Understanding Elections and Civic Responsibility
- Understanding Climate Change
- Creating and Maintaining Social Enterprises
- Community Organizing for Action
- Fundamentals of Starting and Running a Business
- Fundamentals of Business Expansion
- Basics of Public-Private Partnerships
- Strengthening Public Sector Service
- Fundraising Concepts
- Design Driven Entrepreneurship
- Servant Leadership
Deputy Secretary of neighborhood association called Catholic Christian Community Base (CBAC); (August 2015 to March 2016)
Young Parliamentary of Water and Sanitation in Togo and member of the World Parliament of Water and Sanitation (WYPW) for defense and advocacy for quality water access for communities (November 2014 to November 2016)
My tasks were to:
a. Plan activities of sensitization;
b. Contribute to the write-up of Action Plan Drafts;
c. Coordinate activities;
d. Organize meetings;
e. Know-how in monitoring activities.
Secretary of the Local Branch of Lomé 5 of NGO Young Volunteers for Environment (YVE) in Togo (May 2013 to May 2015, I have acquired the following skills:
a. Know-how in the organization of meetings and congresses;
b. Ability to lead a group of people;
c. Ability to prepare and conduct a meeting;
d. Know-how in research partnership;
e. Spirit of volunteerism and service;
f. Taste of risk.
Member Officer of the Association Environment Priority (PR EN), (May 2012 to May 2013), I developed:
a. know-how in development and implementation of projects;
b. Ability to raise awareness;
c. Organization of capacity building activities.
President of Students Association in Water and Environment Management at the Higher School of Biological and Food Technology (ESTBA), University of Lomé, Togo (Academic year 2011-2012)
G: LANGUAGE ABILITY 1. Mother Tongue Nawda and speaks Mina and Kabye the two largest spoken languages in Togo
2. Other languages French : Speak (fluent), Write (fluent), Read (fluent)
English: Speak (medium), Write (medium), Read (medium)
H: COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
I can hardly work without computers and I am familiar with certain software and spreadsheets.
· ArcGIS (Intermediate proficiency)
· GPS (Advanced proficiency)
· Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) (Advanced proficiency)
· Multicriteria Analysis Software (Advanced proficiency)
· OpenStreetMap (Intermediate proficiency)
· SPSS Software (Advanced proficiency)
· STATA (Intermediate proficiency)
I: LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1. The Impacts of Saline-Water Intrusion on the Lives and Livelihoods of Gambian Rice- Growing Farmers West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use ( WASCAL ), University of The Gambia. , 6(1), pp.1–7. published on 21/01/2018 available on rroij.com/open-access/the-impacts-of-salinewater-intrusion-on-the-lives-and-livelihoods-of-gambian-ricegrowingfarmers.pdf
2. Knowledge and Adaptive Responses of Rice Farmers to Saline-water Intrusion on Swamp Rice-growing Fields in Lower River Region of the Gambia. , 8(3), pp.63–76. Published on 03/04/2018 available on iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JEES/article/view/41593/42815
Thesis and Dissertation
MSc Thesis, Adaptation of Rice Farmers to Saline-water Intrusion on Swamp Rice-growing Fields in Lower River Region of The Gambia
Bs Dissertation, "Les Externalités Négatives de l’Exploitation du Fer a Bangéli, Togo."
1. Professor Kouami Kokou, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lomé, Togo; Director of WASCAL-Climate Change and Human Security
2. Dr. Sidat Yaffa, Associate Professor of Agronomy, School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, University of The Gambia; Acting Director of the Regional WASCAL-Climate Change and Education Programme at the University of The Gambia
3. Dr. Jean Mianikpo Sogbedji, Director of School of Agronomy, University of Lome
4. Prof. Yaovi AMEYAPO, Lecturer, Search Professor, Microbiology, Deputy-Director of School of Biological and Food Techniques (ESTBA), University of Lomé, Togo
5. Mr. Sena Alouka, Executive Director of the NGO JVE International 6. Mr. Noel Bataka
I am available as long as my service is needed.
Outils / Logiciels / Méthodes maitrisés : • Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Advanced proficiency) ArcGIS (Intermediate proficiency) • GPS (Advanced proficiency) • Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) (Advanced proficiency) • Multicriteria Analysis Software (Advanced proficiency) • OpenStreetMap (Intermediate proficiency) • SPSS Software (Advanced proficiency) • STATA (Intermediate proficiency)
Permis VL, PL, véhicules spéciaux :
Cliquez ici pour récupérer ce CV au format PDF
Français : Langue maternelle
Anglais : Courant